US Navy's Blue Angels

US Navy's Blue Angels
2016 Blue Angel #6: RIP -- God's speed. I am Pro US Navy & Pro Military: Fleet Week 2015: Turnin'-n-Burnin' over San Francisco!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Alfonso Faustino: Power Monkey Extreme Solar Charger Review


POWERMONKEY EXTREME: * *  (I returned this product -- I no longer own it.)

I rate the PowerMonkey Extreme two stars after my testing of it, which is written below.  It didn't get five stars because it failed to charge my first generation dead iPad to 100%, and the swipe feature didn't work in the area of the automatic shut-off.  PowerTraveler stated they can power an iPad to full charge one or two times.  It only charged my first generation dead iPad to 88%, which I'm pleased with this number; but, since PowerTraveler stated a full 100% charge, that was the standard by which I measured the test.

TEST RESULTS:

Direct Sunlight Charging of Dead iPhone 6 Plus (completely on during charging): Passed.

Facts:
- One iPhone 6 Plus completely drained
- 1 PowerMonkey Extreme Solar Panel Clamshell
- 1 OEM Apple 4 ft long lightning charging cable
- San Francisco Sunny Day with no clouds and about 61 degrees

Test Results:
I placed the PowerTraveler: PowerMonkey Extreme in direct sunlight; and, below, is my test results:

1000 - 1100 Hours PST: 7% charge to iPhone 6 Plus
1100 - 1200 Hours PST: 8% charge to iPhone 6 Plus
1200 - 1300 Hours PST: 10% charge to iPhone 6 Plus
1300 - 1400 Hours PST: 9% charge to iPhone 6 Plus
1400 - 1500 Hours PST: 8% charge to iPhone 6 Plus
1500 - 1600 Hours PST: 6% charge to iPhone 6 Plus
1600 Hours: Ended Test

In a total of six hours on a clear and sunny day at around 61 degrees under direct sunlight with my iPhone 6 Plus powered on, the PowerMonkey Extreme Solar Panel gave my iPhone 6 Plus a 58% charge.

From 0700 hours PST - 1910 Hours PST, the PowerMonkey Extreme Battery received a full charge from my wall outlet. 

Charging of Dead First Generation iPad  (completely on during charging): Failed.

PowerMonkey Extreme Battery gave my dead first generation iPad an 88% charge, which is different from PowerTraveler's claim of being able to fully charge an iPad one or two times on a fully charged battery.

Automatic Shut-off: Failed.

As a result of the failures, I returned this product.  This product miserably failed in its marketing assertions.